- Capillary treatments
- Hair transplantation
- Capillary infiltration
- Capillary mesotherapy
- Plasma rich on platelets for alopecia
- Topical/oral treatments
- Photodynamic therapy
- Excess of sweating
- Facial rejuvenation or antiaging
- Botulinal toxin infiltrations
- Facial rejuvenation
- Hyaluronic acid infiltrations
- Infiltrations with vitamins
- Lip remodeling
- Medical peeling
- Plasma rich on platelets or PRP
Excess of sweating or hyperhidrosis or hyperspiration is an excess sweating or perspiration spontaneously that can affect both men and women in different areas of the body such as the hands, feet and/or underarms.
It’s a disorder that can cause a decrease in the patient’s self-esteem and increase the insecurities when performing daily activities or at the time of dressing or being at events.
Hyperhidrosis can be considered a hereditary disease since 40% of those affected have another member of the family with the same disorder.
Excess sweating treatment in Barcelona
According to the state and evolution of the disorder, the doctor will recommend one or another therapeutic option:
- Topical therapies: the aluminum chloride preparations decrease sweat production, but the results are mediocre.
- Botulinum toxin: the botulinum toxin is injected into the area (s) to be treated in order to reduce the number of stimuli and their intensity. It acts on the nerve fiber and the sweat gland, decreasing the number and magnitude of the signals sent by the nerve. It’s a very comfortable technique for the patient and the effect is perceived within a few days and lasts approximately one year.
- Surgical option: in cases where an intervention is required a sympathectomy is performed which involves pinching or cutting the nerve that is in charge of conducting the information to the sweat glands. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. This option is used in those patients in whom the treatments mentioned above haven’t provided the expected response. The drawback of surgery is the possible occurrence of so-called compensatory hyperhidrosis in other areas of the body.