What is it?
Stretch marks are the response of the skin to the rupture of fibers as a result of an excess of tension produced by sudden changes, such as in the stage of growth of adolescence or in the pregnant women. The defective collagen and lack of elastic fibers cause the rupture whose outer and visible response of the stretch marks that is difficult to repair and therefore, the stretch marks remain visible in our body.
They usually appear on the belly, buttocks, hips, thighs and breasts.
Who do they affect?
As mentioned above, they usually appear as a consequence of:
- A pregnancy
- Sudden weight gain and/or decrease
- Rapid growth in adolescents
Stretch marks have two stages. At the beginning they are pink and it’s possible to make them disappear through the application of laser therapy. When, on the contrary, they are white, you can achieve a progressive improvement of their appearance, but not eliminate them completely. It’s for this reason that we always recommend starting the treatment as soon as possible to get the best results.
What does it consist of?
The treatment of choice is the combination of the non-ablative fractionated laser together with the fractionated ablative laser, which allows repairing the affected skin in a few sessions.
- Non-ablative fractionated laser: actúa a nivel de dermis respetando la superficie de la piel, evitando quemaduras y posibles costras. Su función es calentar la dermis, activar las células fabricantes del tejido nuevo y reparar progresivamente la estría.
- Ablative fractionated laser: es un complemento al láser no ablativo, especialmente cuando las estrías son muy profundas y requieren de mayor energía para poder paliarlas.
Treatment is started by applying topical anesthesia, since although the pain is bearable, a certain amount of discomfort is always noticed. Once the session is done, the skin will turn red for a few hours.
How many sessions are needed?
In general, between six and eight sessions will be necessary to treat or eliminate stretch marks in each zone.
- Moderate physical exercise.
- Inform the doctor of the drugs being taken.
Post tips – treatment
- Apply abundant moisturizer every day and/or oil of musk rose
- Avoid sunbathing for the first 7 days.